When I select an Identity to fill in a form, it no longer copies my first and last names.

IsThisNameTaken
IsThisNameTaken
Community Member

I don't know if this stopped working when I switched from a standalone to a family subscription account or after a more recent update. But now everything in each of my identities fills in except my first and last names. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Subscription
Referrer: forum-search:identity doesn't fill in names

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @IsThisNameTaken! Form filling is something which can vary pretty widely from site to site. We use certain cues from the page to determine what to fill where, but it doesn't always work as expected. If you've got Identities from a previous version, I doubt the transition from a standalone setup to a 1password.com membership would account for the difference, as you're still using the same app to fill from, whether your records are stored locally or in a 1password.com account.

Does this happen on all sites now where you try to fill certain identities? And does it happen with all of your identities, or only a specific one (or more)?

• IsThisNameTaken
    IsThisNameTaken
    Community Member

It happens with every identity on every site in every browser.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@IsThisNameTaken - thanks for the clarification. Does filling of regular Login items work still? Or is that broken as well? And finally, have you tried a simple restart of your Mac as a first line of troubleshooting?

• IsThisNameTaken
    IsThisNameTaken
    Community Member

Logins work fine mostly. Occasionally when a login window pops up (like for Resilio Sync), I have to copy/paste it from the 1PW menu bar icon since the icon in the browser is grayed out. And yes, I’ve restarted my Mac. I’ve done computer consulting, so you can talk shop with me.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@IsThisNameTaken - what happens if you create a new Identity item that duplicates the information of another one? (Note: not actually duplicating the item itself, that might run the risk of just duplicating the problem as well; I mean: actually entering duplicate information or even dummy information into a new record). Does that behave differently than the ones you're having trouble with?

• IsThisNameTaken
    IsThisNameTaken
    Community Member

Success. That was too easy. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@IsThisNameTaken - hey, glad to hear it! :)

This discussion has been closed.