duplicates

Options
vrod1234
vrod1234
Community Member

I cannot find a way to remove duplicates in 1 PW 7 on my Macbook Pro. When I go into my personal vault the remove duplicates disappears from the drop down HELP menu. I also cannot figure out where all the duplicates came from.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:duplicates

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vrod1234 - it sounds as if you may have both a Personal vault and a Primary vault still in 1Password 7 for Mac. If you click Preferences > Vaults, what do you see there? How many vaults, and what are their names?

• vrod1234
    vrod1234
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, One vault has my name and the 2nd vault is named Personal

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vrod1234 - thanks for the clarification. The first one is not actually a vault, that's your account (registered under your name). The indented one underneath named "Personal" is your vault. If you have duplicates, it makes me wonder whether you perhaps imported from a previous, standalone version of 1Password? Could that be possible? Is everything duplicated, or only a few items? And when did you first notice the duplicates -- did they all appear at once, or have you just noticed a few here and there?

• vrod1234
    vrod1234
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, no not everything is duplicates. I noticed jthem ust a few days ago. That’s when I began looking for a way to find & delete them. Yes, I believe I did import them from a stand alone version.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vrod1234 - OK. You should be able to switch to the vault that has duplicates (not the All Vaults view) and then choose Help > Tools > Clean up Duplicate Items. Let me know how that goes for you.

• vrod1234
    vrod1234
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, That did it. Thank you so much!!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vrod1234 - you're quite welcome; glad I was able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.