Showing the complete domain (FQDN) in the password selection list for iOS 12

Options
BassLineChris
BassLineChris
Community Member
edited September 2018 in iOS

When I log into some of my school stuff, I get a list of possible matches for a given page I’m logging into. That list shows the same user name (a name required by my school district for me to use) and the last part of the domain (schooldistrict.net). There is no way to tell the difference between separate logins in this list.

Is it possible to see the entire FQDN rather than just the domain? Or better yet, show the name I have the individual passwords saved under (I title my passwords pretty consistently so I can search them easier)?

I’d show pics, but if I blurred out the parts that don’t need to be publicized, you can’t see the problem any more.

Maybe I’m missing a setting somewhere? Please help.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @BassLineChris,

Unfortunately this isn’t something that we have control over. We give iOS a list of email addresses and fully qualified domain names (appleid.apple.com, for example), and then Password AutoFill only displays the domain portion. That is a function of Password AutoFill. Tapping the key icon for Password AutoFill and then tapping on 1Password will bring up the 1Password UI within Password AutoFill and you may be able to glean more information that way (this is what I do for this forum, for example, as I have a lot different agilebits.com credentails but only one set works here).

Ben

• BassLineChris
    BassLineChris
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe some feedback for Apple then, to allow more info … I imagine I’m not the only person with this situation. While clicking on the key does knock out one click from doing it the old way, the fewer clicks the better.

Thanks for the response.

• We experience it ourselves, having a number of sub-domains here at 1Password with various credentials for each. Password AutoFill is a new feature, and hopefully it’ll continue to mature over time.

Ben

• flaminio
    flaminio
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

I have multiple accounts within my work domain. Basically different subdomains for various things and my employer hasn't figured out single sign-on.

When I go to use our Office 365 login, that is one subdomain. When I go there, the default login is for a different account. I tried deleting all accounts on this domain, but when I added a new password it moved the 365 login off the the detault option. So, I need to go into the list of saved accounts and make sure I'm picking the right one out of a list. This is difficult since there are no account labels here and my login username is the same across all domain accounts. If I guess wrong too many times, I get hassled by the security storm troopers.

Is there a way to make an account login be the default option for autofill? Or have the default account respect subdomains and/or full urls?

1Password Version: 7.2
    Extension Version: 7.2
    OS Version: iOS 12
    Sync Type: 1Password

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @flaminio

I’ve merged your question with a thread on a similar topic. In short: no, what you see is how it works. It is a brand new feature though so while generally we’re quite happy with it there are some oddities such as this one that we don’t currently have the ability to address. We’re hopeful for further improvements in the future.

That said, if you tap into the 1Password UI from Password AutoFill you’ll see the FQDN and item title. To do so tap the key icon and then tap 1Password.

Ben

• flaminio
    flaminio
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    The topic of the account label just complicates the situation. My real question is there a way to determine which login is the default for a specific page or subdomain when you have multiple logins on the same root domain?

• @flaminio

Not without going into the 1Password UI described in my last paragraph above.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.