Two slightly different 1PW Extensions on Firefox

Options
Mongoose
Mongoose
Community Member

Hi,
I had to reinstall all Firefox extensions. I ended up with 2 slightly different occurrences of the 1PW extension. 1 displays the blue, black and white icon with a padlock symbol, and requires me to enter master pw each time firefox is opened. The other one has just a black and white icon and, conveniently, does not require me to enter the master pw, except as provided in the general tab of preferences on the mac application.
If I recall correctly, one may have been installed from within Firefox and 1 may have been installed from within the Macintosh 1PW application.

Should I just use the one that doesnt have the padlock, and ignore the one with the padlock icon?
Are there any security vulnerabilities caused by having the two slightly different extensions?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90 and 1.10.3
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: N/A
Referrer: forum-search:2 occurrences of 1PW helper on Firefox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mongoose - it sounds very much as if you may have installed both 1Password X and the usual browser extension that works with a local 1Password application on your Mac or PC. In 1Password for Mac, do you have only a 1Password account, or do you have local vaults as well?

This discussion has been closed.