To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

License not working on new mac

Lando
Lando
Community Member

Hi i have been running 1pass for a couple of years now on a mac. I have just purchased a new mac and have installed 1pass to it and completed the sync via icloud. It doesnt however let me add in the license key so im running the read only version. When i click the add license button its asking for a file to be loaded into it which i dont have, i just have the license key itself. How do i fix this? Thanks

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.16
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

If you just have a licence key, not a licence file, you have a fairly old version of 1PW.

1PW7 needs a new licence(whatever version you had previously) or else a subscription. I would recommend checking out the subscription before deciding what to do, see https://support.1password.com/why-account/ for some indication of the differences.

If you do decide you prefer a licence, we (experienced users and AgileBits staff) can guide you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, 1Password for Mac version 7 is a separate purchase. You can find the details of what's new in the announcement:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

And we're here if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.