More Edge Extension problems

Don't know if this is related to the existing issues discussed, but FYI unless I start 1password desktop manually before trying to use edge extension then 1password locks entirely with no access to desktop version or extension. I'm just left with the dead window of the extension. To add more frustration, as administrator, I then also can't kill the process - access denied! Only a reboot allows me to use 1password again.
Also, if I close 1password desktop when the extension is working, the extension window now doesn't appear when the icon is clicked, I have to go to the taskbar notification icon and click on it to make the extension window appear.
Can someone confirm if these symptoms are part of a known issue?
One of the keys reasons I finally took the leap from 1password 4 to the new subscription system was to finally have a working Edge extension...only to find....it's not working. Disappointing to say the least.
Can you let me know if/when there's a beta of the 1password X for Edge due, so I can see if it improves things?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 7.2.575
OS Version: Win 10 Pro v1803 build 17134.285
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:edge

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @virtualDOP,

I am really sorry for the troubles with 1Password extension in Microsoft Edge!

It seems that you bumped into a known issue with a suspended connection between Edge and 1Password. Do you bump into this issue after waking up the PC, or relaunching Edge quickly after closing it?

The thing is that when Edge suspends the connection to 1Password it often does not restore the connection properly afterward. We have reports that this issue is not presented in the latest Insider builds, so hopefully, this issue will be fixed in the future Windows update. We will post more news about it, if we have them.

If you quit all 1Password and Edge processes, it should work again after relaunching, so I am not sure why you can't close Edge processes. Are you admin on this computer?

Additionally, please try to completely reinstall 1Password extension in Microsoft Edge and tell me if the issue remains. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.