How to reinstall v6 on a new Apple Mac?

Options
sekrof
sekrof
Community Member

Hi, I'm sure this has been asked before but couldn't locate an answer using the search features ... so...

How do I reinstall the standalone version of 1P V6 onto a new Apple machine?

So far I've been able to install the FREE TRIAL (30 day) version of V6, but when trying to register it asks for a License File - which I cannot find in my existing installed version of 1P V6. It also isn't anywhere in my historic emails (that I can find).

Can anyone help?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @sekrof ,

Assuming you have Dropbox sync set up to your new machine, look in the Software Lisenses list in the main 1Password window. Then look for a 1Password item in the item list. It'll have an attachment with your license. Just save that out to your desktop, and double-click it. Then you should be licensed.

If you do not have one, look on your older computer in ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/. Look for a Licenses folder there with a license file in it. Copy that to your new Mac and double-click it. That should license the new copy.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• sekrof
    sekrof
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Kevin,

I had a look in 1Password > Software Licenses, but there is none listed for 1Password.

I also checked the folder you mentioned, but only found:

App Store Receipts

• receipt

Library

• Application Support
    • -(empty)
    • Caches
    • -(empty)
    • Preferences
      • FILENAME.com.agilebits

Any other ideas?

• Hi @sekrof,

Did you happen to purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store on your old computer, but download 1Password on your new compute form our website? If so, then I recommend doing this:

1. On your new computer, trash the 1Password 6 app from your Applications folder.
    2. Open the Mac App Store app and click on the Purchased tab,
    3. Find 1Password in that list. Then download it from there.

After that it should work. Let us know if you run into trouble.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.