Autofill app passwords

Furzul
Furzul
Community Member
edited September 2018 in iOS

I am having trouble getting the auto fill in app to work properly. I use an app on a iPhone Xs and on an iPhone 8. On the 8 when I go to the app and tap on the password field I get the keyboard come up with the log in information. On the Xs get the keyboard but I have to scroll through the logins to find the right one
I have uploaded a couple of screenshots to show the difference.
The top on is the 8

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Furzul

Are both phones running the same version of the app in question? Which app is it? What I’m seeing in the 2nd screenshot is what I would expect to see in an app that hasn’t properly published it’s URL to the OS. When that happens you get the whole list of passwords, instead of suggestions like you see in the first screenshot. It is possible this app only recently updated to publish the correct URL and you’re running a version prior to that change on the bottom phone. Could you please double check and let me know?

Ben

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

It is a UK banking app. Both the iPhones are on the same app version (updated three days ago). Both are on the same iOS. Also I have tried to do it on other apps and get the same result. The screen shots I had used this time are for a energy supplier.

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

!

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Sorry double post

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Just an update. Tried logging in to your forum site and it worked on both phones,strange.
    EDIT. I have tried it on all my Safari accounts and it works fine on the websites, just will not have it on the apps on the iPhone Xs.

• @Furzul

Thank you for that information. On the iPhone XS if you tap on the Passwords button does it show you the same login that appears in the suggestions on the iPhone 8? Or do you see a listing of all of your logins?

How are you syncing 1Password on these devices?

In 1Password > Settings > Vaults > All Vaults are the same vaults enabled on both devices?

Ben

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member

See screen shot of what I see on tapping 1Password. It verifies my Face ID.
    I have a account so I believe it is synced on your servers.

• @Furzul

Could you please check the All Vaults view I mentioned in my last point above? It appears that there may be a vault on your iPhone 8 that is not enabled on your iPhone XS.

Ben

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

I only have one vault, the personal vault.

• @Furzul

I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95935/autofill-app-passwords#latest
    • Your forum username: Furzul

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member

Iphone8 #PMY-83189-133
    Iphonexs #VEY-55912-675

• Thanks @Furzul. We'll take a look and then continue by email.

Ben

ref: PMY-83189-133

This discussion has been closed.