Feature Request: Show the last few "Recent" lookups in 1Password Mini top menu

Ben_UK
Ben_UK
Community Member

It would be useful for 1Password Mini to show direct links to the last 1-3 entries searched for in it's top level main menu.
This would be useful for when I need to fill in logins and passwords in apps outside the browser, or in cases within the browser where things like credit card details, logins or other information don't fill in fully or correctly (which happens a lot).

At the moment I frequently have to open up the Mini window, type in a search term to find the right 1password entry and then arrow down to the relevant field to copy it.
Having the last searched-for record (or couple of records) appearing directly in the first level menu will save lots of time and extra hassle.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ben_UK: We introduced a "recent items" feature in 1Password for iOS a while back, and it's possible we could bring that to 1Password for Mac as well. I like it, but honestly it hasn't been our most popular addition and as such isn't at the top of our priority list currently. But it's helpful to know you might be interested in that. :)

However, that would show up in the current version of 1Password, not version 6, as that's no longer being developed. And actually, for the specific example you gave, 1Password 7 already has some features that would help you: 1Password 7 retains the search for a short time, even when you dismiss 1Password mini, and 1Password 7 can also match items to apps in some cases — for example, when it detects that iTunes is focused, it shows me my Apple ID logins.

You can find more info about 1Password 7 in the announcement detailing what's new):

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.