1password no longer syncing

I purchased 1Password a few years ago and ran it on my iphone, laptop and home PC without any issue. Any changes that were made on any machines were synced to the other devices.
I purchased a new iphone recently and re-installed the purchased 1Password app however i notice i no longer syncs with my PC's?
Has something changed or am i doing something wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Pommie,

Thank you for getting in touch!

It sounds like you have been using a local vault in 1Password on your devices and synced it via Dropbox. Please try to follow the steps in this guide to set up Sync via Dropbox in 1Password on your new iPhone. Let me know how it works. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Pommie
    Pommie
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

Yes its a local vault and the windows version is standalone ver 4. Im not using dropbox though and the windows sync together fine, its just not syncing with my iphone anymore. I checked my iphone and the version on the app store is ver 6.9.1, is that going to be an issue?

• MikeT
    edited September 2018

Hi @pommie,

How are you syncing your 1Password vaults between your computers?

1Password 4 does not have its own sync for computers, it has WLAN sync to sync with iOS and Android devices but it does not sync with other computers.

Beside WLAN sync, Dropbox is the only other solution to sync between Windows computers and iOS devices.

• Pommie
    Pommie
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Sorry i got a bit mixed up and gave you the wrong info. My work and home PC have access to the vault which is located on my NAS so any changes either PC make updates the same vault. The Iphone was syncing over Wifi using the WLAN sync option. Ive tried syncing again just now and it starts the syncing process but it never ends and says "syncing".

• Pommie
    Pommie
    Community Member

OK guys, i did some more testing and the syncing is actually working. I created a test login on my PC and ran the sync again to my iphone and it definitely added that test account. What it doesnt do is stop syncing on either the PC or iphone, it just goes on forever so i assumed it wasnt working correctly. When i manually stopped and checked my iphone i could see the new account.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Pommie,

I am glad to hear that sync works for you. WLAN Server sync might be complicated, so if you bump into any issues again, please check our troubleshooting guide here.

If you have other questions, please let us know. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• MikeT
    edited September 2018

Hi @Pommie,

That might be a bug on the iOS side of 1Password, we're investigating a few WLAN related issues in there and hope to resolve it soon.

This discussion has been closed.