To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1password desktop app for Windows not working

Rally
Rally
Community Member

Hi there,

I just signed up for a membership account yesterday. The desktop app is working great on my main desktop and on my iphone plus ipad. However, it doesnt allow me to log in on my windows laptop (using the "desktop" app). My laptop is new (Asus 2018 model with Windows 10) and Im able to log into my account using https://my.1password.com, however it simply wont recognise my master password on the app.

I suspect this is because it was on this same laptop I tried the free trail version several months ago. It expired some months ago. I have deleted my old 1password 4 on my laptop and also deleted and reinstalled (numerous times) the new 1password 7. As mentioned, when it asks for me to type in my masterpassword, it doesnt log me in.

Not sure if this is important, but when I open the desktop app (i.e on my laptop) and click the 1password drop down menu and click "Licence", I see it still mentions my old free trial name (even though I deleted that account).

Assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 7.2.580
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

This discussion has been closed.