Master Password Not Working on my computer. HELP

Options
curtpusa
curtpusa
Community Member

Just updated to 1Password yesterday to 7.2. Yesterday installed & working fine on 2 iMacs, 2 iPads, 1 iPhone. Today went in to change master password & somehow, don't know what happened but now master password not working. Can still log in on devices with Touch ID. Is there anyway work around since I still have access on my iPad?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• curtpusa
    curtpusa
    Community Member
    Options

Running OSX Mojave on iMacs & latest version of IOS on other devices.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@curtpusa - I'm sorry for the trouble! What version of 1Password did you upgrade from? Is it possible you created a new 1password.com account on one of your devices?

• curtpusa
    curtpusa
    Community Member
    Options

Since posting this, I have contacted 1Password support about this issue & have been communicating with them. I have sent them at their request diagnostics reports of all my devices and now awaiting a reply. Thanks for your offer of help.

• jtang
    jtang
    Community Member
    Options

I seem to have a similar problem.

I don't know what version I upgraded from as there was a time machine restore involved.

I'm running MacOS Mojave 10. macOS 10.14 (18A391)

1Password 7
    Version 7.2.1 (70201002)
    AgileBits Store

It won't accept my master password. The account still works through the web.
    The "Sign into Account" option under the Account menu item is greyed out.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jtang - I'm sorry for the trouble! Can I ask you to try something for me?

• Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    • Open the Terminal app, which is located inside the Utilities folder in your Applications folder.
    • Copy and paste the following: sudo chown “$USER”:staff ~/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Data/*.sqlite

Restart your Mac, then re-open 1Password 7 for Mac and see if the behavior is any different. Let me know what you discover.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@curtpusa - I'm glad to hear things are moving along via email. Let's keep the conversation going that way, since it involves details of your personal 1Password setup that should not be discussed in this public forum. Thanks! :)

• jtang
    jtang
    Community Member
    Options

The chown did the trick.

But I had to fix the double quotation marks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jtang - glad to hear it! :)

This discussion has been closed.