To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I connect to my license?

TasmanRay
TasmanRay
Community Member

I have my v7 1PW license in a folder on my DropBox. I just installed on my MacBook Pro Laptop and 1PW 7 will not recognize my license file.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Mojave
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I already have a standalone v7 of 1PW. Just installed on my MB Pro and can't access my license.

Comments

• Hi @TasmanRay

You should be able to double click on your license file to license 1Password 7. What happens when you do that?

Ben

• TasmanRay
    TasmanRay
    Community Member

1 Password is read only after the install so I can't double click on the license file because 1 Password won't read it without a license.

• 1Password being read only does not affect the ability to double click on files in Dropbox using Finder. Please open Finder, navigate to the folder in Dropbox where you have your 1Password 7 license stored, and then double click on it. If it is a license that is indeed valid for 1Password 7 (and you aren’t signed into a 1Password membership) that should solve the issue. If you are signed into a membership you’d either need to subscribe to that membership, or sign out of it.

Please let me know how you make out.

Ben

• TasmanRay
    TasmanRay
    Community Member

I copied my license file to a thumb drive and that worked so now the license is valid on the laptop. However, when I try to sync my local vault to Dropbox, 1PW keeps telling me it will stop syncing. Maybe I don't understand this properly. You have been most helpful.

• TasmanRay
    TasmanRay
    Community Member

I created a new vault but how do I move it to my Dropbox so I can sync to it.

• TasmanRay
    TasmanRay
    Community Member

It is interesting. I was able to sync to dropbox on the phone where it creates a specific path to the synced vault. On the laptop I had to disable syncing in order to get the path to the new sync vault folder on Dropbox. Working ok now but it seems to me you should always be able to create a path to a different sync folder without disabling syncing, even on a cloud vault. One of my most useful apps across all of my devices..

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018

Thanks for the feedback @TasmanRay. :) Glad to hear you were able to get this sorted out.

Ben

• TasmanRay
    TasmanRay
    Community Member

Thank you for your able assistance, Ben.

• You’re very welcome. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.