Localized categories [Coming soon]

Options
qwertzqwertz
qwertzqwertz
Community Member
edited September 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi everybody,
I wonder, if there is any chance to localize the categories. I have seen screenshots, were they were, but in my installation, even if i change the language to my local language, the categories and every field-name inside them, stays in english.
I have not found any information about this. Can please anyone provide some?

Greetings from Germany

Gabriel

P.S. Affects every installation (Win,Mac,iOS,Browser, ... why there is no "General"-Category in this forum? Oo)

1Password Version: 7.2.580
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: All
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:category

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @qwertzqwertz,

Thank you for using 1Password!

When you use 1Password account in 1Password apps, the names of the categories are taken from the server, so they remain in English even when the app itself is available in another language. We are working really hard to fix this, but it takes time.

Localisation is important to us and we introduced a translated interface of 1Password.com quite recently:

1Password.com is now available in multiple languages

Please let me know if it helps. If you have other questions about 1Password or your account, we are always here for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• qwertzqwertz
    qwertzqwertz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer, even if I can not confirm the text of Chris as true.
    Odd enough, the categories on the webpage are indeed localized to german (those on my devices via app are not). This is true for both, the left-side menu and the dropdown/dropup-menu for new entrys. But that is still not true for field names (explicite pointed out in the post), which remains in english on both, the website and the devices. So at least the are not drawn from MY database on the server ;)

Any more suggestions?

P.S. If you need help to translate those fields or anything else to german, I would be happy to help you out.

• MikeT
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @qwertzqwertz,

All of the client apps will need an update to support the new template localization system from 1Password.com. Right now, only 1Password 7.2 for Mac has been updated to support it and it looks like this:

1Password on Windows does not support this yet, they'll remain in English even if you're using 1Password.com web app in a different language.

I'm confused by why you're not seeing the localized field names on 1Password.com, it works for me:

What browser are you using? It may take a few minutes for it to change it completely as it needs to download it from the service first.

• qwertzqwertz
    qwertzqwertz
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, ic. On further investigation, this seems to just impact credit cards (and the lower "website" instead of "Website") for already exsiting entrys. The mask for new ones shows the correct german field names (not true for Windows Client, as you mentioned).
    I should have checked this up some more, before bothering you. I am sorry for that inconvinience. Though, it is interesting, that I did not migrate those entrys but instead created them complete new on my Windows PC. The wromg field names therefore have to come from there.
    For now, I just need to "fix" those existing cards and wait for the patch for Windows.

Thank you for your help and again, sorry for the inconvinience.

• Hi @qwertzqwertz,

Thanks for the extra details and don't apologize, we're here to help you.

You are correct that it would only apply to new items, we don't "store" templates within your items, we save what you create. In other words, all your existing items will remain as is while new items will be localized.

The way template works is that it's a list of field names that is copied as soon as you create a new item. We can update it over time but if we try to store template within your item, it means future changes to the templates could break your existing items and/or modify your own data unintentionally.

This discussion has been closed.