When registering for a new account, chrome plugin password generator not filling correctly

I'm experiencing an issue as a new 1Password user (converting from lastpass which I've deleted).

When I come to a site that needs an account created (like this forum), 1 password (Chrome / Windows) allows me to generate a password by clicking the 1password logo in the password field... however, when I click on the generated password, it doesn't copy it to the second "confirm your new password" field. In fact, directly from the in-field password generation I can't even copy it to clipboard. The only way I've been able to make this work is by clicking the browser plugin itself from the tool bar and invoking the full scale password generator.

Screenshots below.

1. When I click the 1Password logo, it lets me choose a password... clicking on it however only fills the current field.

2. Once I've clicked the suggested password, it asks me to "save" to my account, but never actually fills the second field... thus leaving me unable to complete registration.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.10.4
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Thanks for the report, @lord_hamster.

This is very odd as we should indeed be filling both password fields. I just tried signing up to this forum as you suggested and using the suggested password from the inline menu worked fine for me:

To be sure we're on the same page, this is the url I was on:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/register?Target=

I'm using Chrome 69 and that was with the nightly build of 1Password X, but it should be the same as the 1.11.1 beta. For completeness I also tested 1.10.4 just incase and it worked fine for me there as well.

I wonder why my experience is so much different than yours? Can you share the URL for the sign up page you're using in your example so I can test there as well?

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.