two factor issue

Options
ericcovino1
ericcovino1
Community Member

hi...unfortunately I wasn't thinking as I use 1p for most two factor stuff (except for its own two factor of course) and upon iCloud restoring for the new iPhone it erases the google authenticator data.

What are my options here? I can still get into 1p on my phone but trying to install on a new Mac is asking for my code but obv I don't have it...I don't have the old phone either but I did make an iTunes backup of it but it's at home and I'm traveling...can I turn off two factor from my phone?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: high Sierra
Sync Type: 1p families

Comments

• ericcovino1
    ericcovino1
    Community Member
    Options

Bump?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

hi...unfortunately I wasn't thinking as I use 1p for most two factor stuff (except for its own two factor of course) and upon iCloud restoring for the new iPhone it erases the google authenticator data.

@ericcovino1: Hmm. Not really our area of expertise, but maybe they're marking the data as device only. Google should be able to tell you for sure.

What are my options here? I can still get into 1p on my phone but trying to install on a new Mac is asking for my code but obv I don't have it...I don't have the old phone either but I did make an iTunes backup of it but it's at home and I'm traveling...can I turn off two factor from my phone?

If you're referring to two-factor authentication for a 1Password.com account, you'll be able to sign into the website in a browser you've already authorized to disable it. But it's best to backup the QR code and/or text TOTP secret, just as you (hopefully) backup your other account credentials, so that you won't lose all of your data if all of your devices are lost, stolen, or destroyed.

If you're referring to logins you've setup for TOTP inside 1Password, you'll be able to access those any time provided you maintain access to your 1Password data. Does that help?

Bump?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you clarify?

• ericcovino1
    ericcovino1
    Community Member
    Options

Oops sorry, not syncing through iCloud syncing through 1password.com.

I am on a new laptop so I can't authorize on the new Mac because my authenticator app didn't carry over the codes (I'm aware of why).

So if I didn't have a browser authorized for 2 factor how could I get back into it? I can get in on my phone and I have backups, would it basically be having to cancel the current account and then get a new one? I'm unclear on the mechanics of the following scenario:

1. Two factor on through 1password.com
    2. New Mac purchased so browser not authorized
    3. Can access everything included QR code on phone (I trying using the qr code on the phone on the new Mac for set up but it still asked for two factor...)
  • If you do not have a way to generate TOTP codes for your 1Password account we’ll need to put you in touch with our security team. Please email us at support+forum@1password.com. When you email in you’ll get a support ID. Please post that ID here, so I get your request in front of the appropriate folks.

Thanks!

Ben

• ericcovino1
    ericcovino1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks...[#UFC-89937-864] is the ID. Thanks for any help you can provide.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ericcovino1: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: UFC-89937-864

This discussion has been closed.