Non-Profit/Registered Charity pricing?

Hello AgileBits,

There are a couple of non-profits/charities I do pro-bono work for that have been using LastPass Enterprise for a couple of years. Lastpass offer pricing incentive for non-profits that makes the use of the service much more accessible for non-profits/charities.

With that said, their customer service is painful and the platform is overly complex and cumbersome to use, particularly if you're training non-IT people on the management or use of it.

Would 1Password consider offering 1Password Business to non-profits at a reduced price? There is a big untapped opportunity here to help these organizations. Non of the password service providers out there have really stepped up. To even get non-profit pricing from Lastpass for these Canadian organizations, I end up having these long drawn out support ticket threads each year to get approval for what amounts to a pretty tiny discount.

You could partner with the Canadian(and separately the US) arm of TechSoup possibly. They offer verification of non-profit/charity status of organizations for service, software, and hardware suppliers. It goes without saying, but this would provide AgileBits tax write-offs in the form of donations which would help make this sort of thing more sustainable for your organization.

https://www.techsoupcanada.ca/en

A couple examples of non-profits I'm working with that could really benefit from 1Password Business:

www.exeko.org: A registered charity doing social out-reach for at-risk communities in Greater Montreal and in Northern regions of Canada. They are a largely volunteer run organization with an administrative team of around 20 with hundreds of volunteers. The funding they receive to run the organization has very rigid restrictions on how money is spent. This makes it particularly difficult to find budget to spend on something as critically important as enterprise level password management

https://tempslibre.coop: A non-profit solidarity cooperative that runs a co-working space full of social entrepreneurs, and a free/open community space for social engagement, classes, or just to have a cup of coffee.

If this would be more suited for an email communication please let me know.

Thank you,
Darius

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @DariusR

We would be happy to help with this, but as you alluded email would be the best way to proceed. Please reach out to our business team at [email protected] and they’ll get you set up. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.