why does watchtower show so many of my passwords as being reused ?

douguinn
douguinn
Community Member

All of a sudden I see that Watchtower shows that I have 186 reused passwords. They are almost all randomly generated passwords. Also I previously showed only a handful of these and was aware of why they were duplicates. Can you explain this and provide instructions as to how I can rectify this.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: macOS Mojave
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:why does watchtower show so many of my passwords as being reused when they are randomly generated?

Comments

• weave
    weave
    Community Member

It's annoying and there's nothing you can do since some accounts span multiple sites.

For example, DirecTVNow -- to log in to your account info it goes through directvnow.com but to actually watch it's through att.com

So two entries end up in 1P and of course they have the same password -- and the warning is displayed

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@weave: Rather than "nothing you can do", quite the contrary: why not have a single Login item with all the URLs where you need to use those login credentials? For example, amazon.com, audible.com, etc. I only have a single Login for that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@douguinn: Are you using any other versions of 1Password? Maybe you're using generated passwords, which results in Password items being saved (so you don't get yourself locked out of an account after changing the password), and then you're also saving a Login item for that later.

This discussion has been closed.