1Password cannot update

arielz
arielz
Community Member

Hi,
I have an issue with updating my 1Password. Whenever I click update I'm getting message: "Purchase of this item is not currently available. This item is being modified. Please try again later".
Tried yesterday few times, today the same. Please Help.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14 Mojave
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @arielz! I'm sorry for the trouble! Can you please try your update again?

If it's still not working, can you tell me the specific version of 1Password 7 you're using (in the 1Password > About menu)? macOS 10.14 (“Movjave”) has a new feature called "Recently Used Applications." In your Mac's Dock, you'll notice a thin vertical separator towards the right side. Everything to the right of that (other than Trash and Downloads) is an app that you've recently used, whether that app is even active still or not. If you're clicking the updater from there, that will be why it doesn't work: because it's trying to update something that can't be updated, since there's nothing new.

• arielz
    arielz
    Community Member

Hi, it's 7.1.2.
    I'm using the Mac App Store to update it and it's still not working :(

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@arielz - you will need to make sure to fully quit 1Password 7 for Mac before updating will work from the Mac App Store. Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then try your update again.

This discussion has been closed.