To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sister-in-Law lost master password

ultradocrg
ultradocrg
Community Member

I'm a long time 1password user. My sister-in-law is visiting from out-of-state and showed me a folder that she carries with all of her digital passwords. YIKES! I have tried to get her to change to 1password before and she downloaded a trial which she set up & never used. Now that my panicked looks at her shook her up and a recent hack affected her, she wants IN. But ... she has no darn idea of what her master password is for 1password. She tried everything in her packet o' passwords to no avail. I tried deleting & reinstalling ... to no avail. Still need master pwd. How can I facilitate her communicating with you guys to get a reset on her account so that, during her visit over the next few days, I can help her set up 1password and get her subscribed? She is a technophobe. Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: iOS12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @ultradocrg, you're awesome for helping your family stay secure online - thank you for recommending 1Password!

We can definitely reset her account so that she can signup and get started fresh. She'll need to email in to support@1password.com with the email address that was used to sign up for the account originally. We'll help get everything reset from there.

Once the email has been sent in, she'll receive a Support ID in an automated reply. If you could respond to this forum post with that Support ID, we'll be able to find her email faster :)

• ultradocrg
    ultradocrg
    Community Member

Thanks for your help in this matter. The Support ID is AUF-73541-347. What's next?

• ultradocrg
    ultradocrg
    Community Member

We created a vault and inputs of logons, etc. in the trial app. How can my sister-in-law covert that to a membership? We don't have a secret key nor emergency kit to sign on.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ultradocrg: We can help with that. Sean replied via email a couple days ago. Can you double check and make sure you received that? Thanks! :)

ref: AUF-73541-347

• ultradocrg
    ultradocrg
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

We got the app started and syncing on iPhone & iPad OK. Susan is now back in Atlanta. She wanted to sign up for a year, but we couldn't get that done. I wasn't sure if she'd be prompted for membership as the free trial drew down or not. Could you pick up the conversation with her at [email address removed by 1Password staff]? Thanks so much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ultradocrg: I'll do that! Thanks for the heads up. We'll help her get all setup. :)

This discussion has been closed.