Gmail Problems with 1PW Extension in Chrome

Options
WndChill
WndChill
Community Member

1PW 6.8.9 (689001), 1PW Ext Version 4.7.3.90
Mac Desktop, High Sierra 10.13.6
Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100

Problem: Gmail is signing in multiple times with 1PW when using Chrome. Usually get two to three sign-ins. Sometimes it will automatically sign back in, other times it will take me back to the sign-in screen where I have to log-in again (with the account still being logged-in). Getting occasional error code #001 where it goes into a loop trying to restart. When logging out of Gmail it will log out of the email account but will hang up on a Please Wait message rather than a clean log out. After disabling the 1PW extension for Chrome I can manually copy UNs and PWs from 1PW and it works as intended. Have no problems using Gmail in Firefox with the 1PW extension. This Gmail/Chrome problem has been going on for a few weeks (prior to the recent update for Gmail).

Things I have done:
1) Cleared cookies and caches from Chrome multiple times.
2) Reset Chrome to original defaults.
3) Disabled all extensions in Chrome.
4) Uninstalled and reinstalled the 1PW extension for Chrome.
5) Installed and ran Malwarebytes for Mac; all scans are clean.
5) Disabled 1PW extension for Chrome (Gmail works when copy/paste UNs and PWs).

Not sure what else to do aside from using Firefox for Gmail.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WndChill - that's very unusual; one thing I didn't see in your comprehensive list of steps you've already tried is creating a new login manually for Gmail. Give that a go, and see whether it works for you. Let me know what you discover! :)

• WndChill
    WndChill
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not resolve the problem. I have three accounts on my google sign-in page. I typically sign-in and out of all three accounts consecutively. On limited occasions one account will sign-in properly. More rarely two accounts will sign-in properly. It never happens where all three work as intended and usually all three have problems. It is all random. The automatic sign-ins where the screen flashes the gmail envelope logo are happening less often. Instead I am being taken back to the sign-in page to sign in again resulting in multiple concurrent sessions.

I have looked at all three Goggle accounts and nothing appears out of order. It seems unstable but it only applies to Gmail. I do not have any problems with other websites that have UNs and PWs that are split over two pages. This is exclusively a Chrome/Gmail problem. The 1PW extension in both Firefox and Safari works fine for Gmail.

• WndChill
    WndChill
    Community Member
    Options

Update: Goggle is now allowing users to revert back to classic Gmail. I did that and the issue with multiple sign-ins and sign-outs has been resolved (for now anyway).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WndChill - glad to hear it! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.