Extension remains locked after logging in on Chrome

Hi,

After installing the extension and logging into my account I get the message "1Password is ready to go" but the extension remains locked as can be seen in screenshot below:

The console from the background page shows a successful login but then an error unlocking:

I have cleared all cache files in the browser. Tried removing the profile and starting again without any luck. Always have the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chrome: Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)


1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.11.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

  • brentybrenty

    Team Member

    @michael_t: Are you able to unlock 1Password X with the current beta? We've made some improvements to sign in and dealing with account changes. Let me know if it helped in your case as well! :)

  • michael_tmichael_t
    edited October 5

    @brenty Upgraded and I get a different error now:

    Will try re-installing extension.

    EDIT: Reinstalled and still getting an error:

  • dtearedteare Agile Founder

    Team Member

    Thanks for reporting this and thank you for the screenshots! They were very helpful. ❤️

    I'm a bit confused by your last screenshot but your earlier one I recognize immediately. It is a problem that we just fixed and published beta 1.11.3 to address it.

    It will take a few minutes for this new beta to appear in the Chrome Web Store. Please sit tight and see if beta 1.11.3 fixes things for you. In about 20 minutes from now you can go to chrome://extensions/ and click Update to get updated quicker.

    Please give it a go and let us know how it turns out. I believe you will need to uninstall your current version of 1Password X and reinstall to resolve the error in your last screenshot.

    I'm sorry for the trouble. This issue was all rooted in a change I made yesterday.

    ++dave;

  • @dteare Just an update to let you know that this is now resolved. I had switched to Firefox as I couldn't get it working in Chrome. I've just tested again in Chrome and it is now working with beta version 1.13.1. May have been fixed earlier but I was unable to test. Thanks for your help!

  • brentybrenty

    Team Member

    Awesome! Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that the beta helped. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file