!!!!!! PLEASE BRING BACK THE CLEAR DESIGN FROM V6 !!!!!!

Options
Nicolinix
Nicolinix
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

Main Window v6:

Main Window v7:

Mini Window v6:

Mini Window v7

Why did you turn a nice and clear design (v6) in such an overloaded design(v7) ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Nicolinix
    Nicolinix
    Community Member
    Options

Dear 1Password, what where you thinking when you made the design of v7?
    Have you ever compared it with the old good design v6 when you were designing it?
    I doub't it :(

• rlh
    rlh
    Community Member
    Options

I'm going to up-vote the observation about side-by-side main window content. It was very easy to parse information under v6, labels were on the left, my content on the right (and often you didn't even need to consult the label because the content was self explanatory). It's very frustrating to have to vertically scroll to see content that used to fit in the window nicely.

• billj
    billj
    Community Member
    Options

I respectfully disagree. In my experience, 1Password 7 displays a good deal more information, and allows more customization of the record, than did version 6. I do agree that the full-size "alert bar" in 1Password mini is an issue. Maybe an expandable/collapsible alert? In any case, I'm posting this only because I would like the developers to know that I like 1Password 7.

• Nicolinix
    Nicolinix
    Community Member
    Options

Did you use v6 before?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nicolinix: That really isn't necessary. We're not going to start measuring nerd cred here. There's nothing wrong with respectful disagreement, and there's no need to pick fights with people just because they have opinions different to yours.

Anyway, you make some good points, but this is really subjective. Certainly I can see your perspective, but at the same time I can see how others find it more readable to have the header directly above its content instead of off to the side. I don't really have a horse in this race, and there's really no right way or wrong way. It's more a matter of taste. I'm sorry it isn't to yours, but this is our current design. We'll continue to evaluate your feedback along with everyone else's though as we continue to develop future versions. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.