Why doesn't 1P7 hide?

Options
AUSFestivus
AUSFestivus
Community Member

When I press command-h to hide the 1Password app it doesnt hide. The Menu flashes but thats it.
Same behaviour occurs when you select Hide from the menu as well.
See attached .gif for illustration.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Family and Teams

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AUSFestivus - I'm sorry for the trouble! I'm having no difficulties hiding 1Password on my own Mac, using 7.2.1 and macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), which leads me to suspect something peculiar to your setup, perhaps? Please Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and then restart, and see if that makes any difference. If not, I'd suggest a restart of your Mac, and if that still doesn't correct the behavior, let us know.

• AUSFestivus
    AUSFestivus
    Community Member
    Options

...I'd suggest a restart of your Mac...

But this isn't Windows.

The whole "Quit Completely" thing is weird. Seems to have done the trick though.
    Command-H behaviour has returned to normal.

Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AUSFestivus - the reason for the use of ^⌥⌘Q to quit 1Password completely is that most people set 1Password to run in the menubar so they can fill their items using the browser extension. If you have the 1Password app open, this is what happens. But often, people want to close the main app -- which is fine, except that the main app and the mini that live in the menubar are the same process. So if we allowed the usual ⌘Q to fully quit 1Password, then the next time the user went to fill a password into a web page, it wouldn't work; they'd have to fully re-launch 1Password. So instead, ⌘Q performs a little trickery: it doesn't quit 1Password, but instead hides it from view (and from the Dock), in order to leave the mini running in the menubar. only ^⌥⌘Q actually quits 1Password. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.