Syncing 1Password on iPhone XS and iPad

ext212
ext212
Community Member
edited October 2018 in iOS

Both have iOS 12 and I turned iCloud sync on and the iPad correctly showed 13 logins that I've added on my iPhone, but all of them are Unnamed without any information inside.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS12
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Hi @ext212

It seems this issue is unique to iCloud and does not exist with Dropbox sync. Would you be interested in trying out syncing via Dropbox?

Sync your 1Password data

If not and you’d prefer to troubleshoot the issue with iCloud I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/96454/
    • Your forum username: ext212

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• smccoole
    smccoole
    Community Member

I had this happen to me when migrating to 1Password 7 on the Mac. I originally synced from Dropbox and was trying to get it to migrate to my membership account. When I signed into my membership on my iPhone, it did the migration successfully but I was left with my original entries (thankfully!) and a duplicate set of "Unnamed" entries which I was able to delete. It worked out but it was kind of scary to be honest. For a bit I thought I had lost all my entries!

• Hi @smccoole

I'm sorry for the scare. To confirm the current state:

• Do you currently have a vault called "Primary" on any devices?
    • If you log in at https://my.1password.com/ do you see all of your data there?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Ben

• deuce
    deuce
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Hello, My login's are not syncing from my MacBookPro to my iPhone X. I'm not sure if it's set up to sync via iCloud or DropBox. When I go to my preferences I don't even have a sync button. Not sure what to do from here...Would love some guidance please. Perhaps when I upgraded, the sync option went away?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@deuce: You won't have a Sync option if you've setup the app using a 1Password membership subscription account. All you need to do is sign into that same account on all of your devices, and any data you have saved in the account will be available there.

• deuce
    deuce
    Community Member

GREAT! I didn't realize I just needed to sign in with my iPhone. I thought I was already logged in. Thank you for your assistance.

• On behalf of brenty you're most welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.