how does one quote a post made by another user within this forum

Options
johnnywoz
johnnywoz
Community Member

I am at a loss trying to figure out how to quote another post within my post???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:quote post

Comments

• johnnywoz
    johnnywoz
    Community Member
    Options

I am at a loss trying to figure out how to quote another post within my post???

Never Mind, I found it. Under the Paragraph dropdown there is an option for "quote" which basically just adds a ">" to the beginning of the text. Be sure to hit return before moving on to what you have to say.

Apologies if this is very well known, I guess I'm just a n00b when using forums ;-)

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Under the Paragraph dropdown there is an option for "quote" which basically just adds a ">" to the beginning of the text.

That is correct, @johnnywoz. And you can refer to another person, as I just did, by including for example @johnnywoz. If you want to link to some other post or comment, you can get the link to the specific comment by right/control/command clicking on the time stamp displayed for their comment, such as https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/466054/#Comment_466054

The formatting of posts uses some variant of Markdown, the same thing that you can use to format Secure Notes in 1Password. For security reasons we only use a subset of Markdown. So links must be transparent about what they link to, and we don't allow inlining any remote content.

This discussion has been closed.