Using different family accounts on one computer

Options
ataab
ataab
Community Member

Hi!

I have a family account with one master account and my daughters have one account each. I don’t understand how my daughters can access their own account on the family computer as I do not want them accessing the master account. I can’t find information on that subject. I tried adding one more account for one of my daughters on my iPad but that was not possible.

Please advice,

Ataab

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ataab: All modern desktop Ones have robust multi user account management built in. You should use that, if not for convenience so different people can have different settings, but for security, since one person clicking a malicious link in email could have disastrous results for anyone sharing that same user account. It is not, however, an option on iOS to setup different user profiles.

There is one other option on the desktop, and that is to use 1Password X with separate browser profiles. It's something I'd advise against for security reasons, but if you're intent on sharing both user accounts and the associated risks, that could work for you there.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.