IOS 12 + 1password (latest version) : Safari -> autofill and share do not work (black screen)

Options
paulpaul
paulpaul
Community Member

Hello,

I am using IOS 12 on iPhone XS.
Every time I try to use 1password from Safari (using the share option), I got a blank black screen.
Only solution is to kill the safari app (that becomes completely unresponsive)

I already tried to :

• reinstall 1 password
  • activate/deactivate the extension

I already checked :

• that javascript is enabled for safari

Autofill also does not work for 1 password (but it works with apple keychain)
I can see the passwords , but it does not fill the password

Autofill is dully configured on the iPhone (for 1 password)

What can I do ?

Best regards
Paul

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @paulpaul

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Ben

• paulpaul
    paulpaul
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben

Yes, already tried this.
    unfortunately, same problem.

Best regards,
    Paul

• Ben
    Options

That’s really quite interesting @paulpaul. I can’t say as I’ve heard any other reports quite like that, and my own iPhone XS is not exhibiting that behavior. What other devices besides this iPhone XS are you using 1Password on, and what version(s) of 1Password are on those devices?

Ben

• paulpaul
    paulpaul
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I use 1password on :
    MacOS (mojave), latest version
    IPAD Pro , IOS 12 , 1password 7.2
    Iphone Xs , IOS 12 , 1password 7.2
    Sync : Dropbox

Default language : French

Best regards,
    Paul

• paulpaul
    paulpaul
    Community Member
    Options

It works correctly on the Ipad and MacOS
    I just have the issue on my Iphone.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @paulpaul. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iPhone XS:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/96623/
    • Your forum username: paulpaul

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• paulpaul
    paulpaul
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

Done
    [#FYP-92388-266]

Best Regio
    Paul

• paulpaul
    paulpaul
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

Done
    [#FYP-92388-266]

Best Regio
    Paul

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @paulpaul. I see we received your report. I’ll be reviewing it and will be in touch as soon as I have further information to share.

Ben

ref: FYP-92388-266

• CamNYC
    CamNYC
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Was it an easy solution for this case? I have The same exact issue, and arrived here through a web search.

I’ve had this issue for a while actually, and have been unable to fix it. The symptoms are exactly like the ones described here: cannot share from safari ios, use autofill on safari iOS, and when attempting I either have the screen flicker then return to same safari screen, or go completely dark, at which point safari is unresponsive and needs to be quit then restarted.

Prior to any more complex sharing of diagnostics, was this a simple fix? (Also, I have the paid unlocked version of the app, but not a subscription.)

Many thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @CamNYC,

I've checked out the conversation that took place and the bad news is there wasn't an easy solution, in fact it didn't conclude, if we ended up with a successful resolution it isn't present :(

As you don't have a 1Password account can I ask if you use 1Password anywhere else and if you do how do you synchronise your vault(s)? We certainly don't want to suggest anything that results in any potential data loss so we would want to be confident that if we suggest something like deleting 1Password and reinstalling that your data is safe elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.