Android client takes forever to login (15 minutes and waiting)

Options
Biganon
Biganon
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to login using the official Android app. I enter my connection address, e-mail address, secret key and password, then press "Connect" (the button might say something else in English, in French it says "Connexion"), the button then turns into a loading icon, and I never get past this point. I've been waiting for 15 minutes now.

When I press the return button on my phone, I get a message that says "Please wait while 1Password configures your account". I have to kill the app to close it, and when I open it again, I get the same problem.

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is very strange, @Biganon. 1Password on Android can be a little bit slower to unlock than on other platforms, as the native PBKDF2 libraries are not always as optimized as on other platforms, but that difference should never be more than half a second.

Can you successfully use this 1Password account from other devices?

• Biganon
    Biganon
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, my account works perfectly on the website, and I can also use lastpass-cli on several different machines. I've tried rebooting my phone. I don't have another Android device to try. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. I hope we'll find a solution.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Biganon: I'm not sure I follow. This is the support forum for 1Password. Are you using that? If so, what are the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect?

• Biganon
    Biganon
    Community Member
    Options

Oh dear, I meant the CLI for 1password, sorry ! I have been using the other one for a long time but I want to switch to 1password, which seems way better.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Biganon: Ah no worries. Just want to make sure we're on the same page here. :)

I was just about to request some diagnostic information from you, but noticed that you've already emailed us separately. I'll reply there shortly to get more info, and let's continue the conversation there to make sure we don't get our wires crossed. :)

ref: UCA-18625-188

This discussion has been closed.