Master password change not recognized by the browser extension

I recently changed the 1Password Master Password and it works just fine. But now, when I try to use the Chrome browser 1Password extension it won't accept the new password and keeps asking me to enter the previous password. Problem is I don't remember the previous password, and what I think it was evidently isn't correct. How do I remedy this...uninstall the Chrome browser extension and reinstall it?

Comments

• LarryMcJLarryMcJ Senior Member
    Never mind. Uninstalling the Chrome extension and reinstalling it fixed the problem.
  • khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member
    Great news! Thanks for updating the thread, Larry. For anyone else coming across this, we have a support article on the issue:

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/browser-extensions/i-just-changed-my-master-password-but-my-browser-extension-doesnt-recognize-it-mac

If we can be of any assistance in the future, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • janduboisjandubois
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem (after creating a new keychain and moving it to DropBox). Reinstalling the extension worked for Safari, but for Firefox I also had to manually delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/OnePassword.sqlite file.

BTW, the Safari extension showed a red circle with an "i" inside on top of the 1Password button, and once unlocked with the old password I also got an entry with the same symbol linking me to a diagnostics page. The 1Password toolbar button on Firefox had the same indicator, but was missing the link to the diagnostics page.
  • khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member
    Reinstalling the extension worked for Safari, but for Firefox I also had to manually delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/OnePassword.sqlite file.

Correct. This is documented in the support article to which I linked above.

BTW, the Safari extension showed a red circle with an "i" inside on top of the 1Password button, and once unlocked with the old password I also got an entry with the same symbol linking me to a diagnostics page. The 1Password toolbar button on Firefox had the same indicator, but was missing the link to the diagnostics page.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to improve this in future updates!
This discussion has been closed.