Extension for Chrome asks for password after modifying user account from admin to normal user

Options
sergo4
sergo4
Community Member

Everything was fine before modifying my admin user to a normal user account for security reasons.

Now the chrome extension wants me to enter a password (which it never did before), and it even doesn't accept my master password. At the same time, the unlocked 1password 6 works as expected. Reinstalling the Chrome extension didn't help. What else can I do?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @sergo4! Can you perhaps include screenshot of the password dialogue you're getting from the Chrome extension? I assume you restarted your Mac after modifying your user account, but if not, please do that as well and let us know if the problem persists.

• sergo4
    sergo4
    Community Member
    Options

I switched back to the admin user after that problem accoured. Now I tried it again as non admin, and everything was fine. I was pretty sure that I did a reboot at the first time, but maybe I just didn't. Thanks for for your help:).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sergo4 - awesome! Not sure what might've been the problem the first time, but keep an eye on things and let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything else you need assistance with. Have a great rest of your week. :)

This discussion has been closed.