Why is 1Password saying I didn't enable 2FA for Facebook when I did?

I'm confused. Today I changed my password in Facebook and I know I have 2FA turned on since 2014.

However, when I attempted to change the password in 1Password, I get the warning?

Two-Factor Authentication Available
This website supports 2FA (according to twofactorauth.org), but you haven’t enabled it. View Instructions…

I'm assuming I can link the two together, but I'm honestly not sure how this occurs. Am I reading this correctly, or how do I enable 2FA in 1Password to work with my website? Or why would I want to do that?

Thanks!

Chris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chrisbog,

1Password can only infer what it knows about your Facebook account based on the Login item stored in 1Password. So if you prefer to use a separate authenticator app, something like the Google Authenticator app available on both iOS and Android that's perfectly fine, we just need to let 1Password know it should ignore the missing TOTP details in this Login item. If you add a tag to the item titled 2FA it will instruct 1Password to ignore 2FA for this single item when being reviewed for Watchtower.

If you hadn't known you could use 1Password to handle the 2FA for sites then our support page Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication may be of interest.

This discussion has been closed.