Why is 1PasswordX for Firefox asking me to approve new permissions?

Just want to understand the new permissions before I approve them. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 1.10.3
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox permissions

Comments

• dalexand
    dalexand
    Community Member

+1

• senegalo
    senegalo
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

+1 "same on chrome"

• snuffs8
    snuffs8
    Community Member

it's described in the release notes

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

Indeed, sorry for the confusion folks. As snuffs8 pointed out, the beginning of the release notes for version 1.11.0 cover this:

In version 1.11, we've requested additional browser permissions which will help us add additional functionality to 1Password X.

• Privacy: Required to optionally set 1Password as your default password manager and disable browser autofill prompts
    • Downloads: Required to automatically download the Emergency Kit for your 1Password account and diagnostic information which we may request

The extension will be disabled on update until you accept the new permissions.

I hope this helps! :)

• NiklasB
    NiklasB
    Community Member

To add to the original question, why do we have to dig through the release notes for this info?

For a security-addon, I would expect you to have a visible link on the addon page ( https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/ where you get linked if your visit from the addon store), which detailed each requested permission.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Greetings @NiklasB,

I can't argue with that. While maybe not everybody will want that level of detail I can't think of a reason why it isn't available for those that do. I shall file a request.

ref: web/support.1password.com#1778

This discussion has been closed.