[Possible Bug] Scrolling through items with mouse on initial startup

Options

Since your recent update that sorted out the initial startup threading issue, I've noticed a problem with scrolling through my items when 1PW first opens.

To replicate, do the following
1. Do a modification to an item in your vault, and close (lock) 1PW
2. Go to a different PC and unlock 1PW so this different PC has to sync with your vault
3. At the point that the vault opens, immediately start scrolling (using the mouse wheel) through your category items in the 2nd pane
4. When you release the wheel to scroll down more, you will find the list has jumped back to the top. It keeps doing this until what appears to be the completion of the sync, then the problem goes away until such time as it has to sync again

I've only noticed this when accessing my list of Secure Notes as opposed to other category items.

Can you please investigate ….

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 7.2.575
OS Version: Win10 1809
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi @Swivel_Eyes,

Thanks for reporting this!

We have not addressed the core threading issues, they're still there. That's being worked on for the 1Password 7.3 update, what we did is optimize certain sync calls to reduce their impact on the thread scheduler, so it doesn't get overloaded but it still can happen in current updates, just less often to be less painful and we can ship it to you quicker.

As for your issue, we do have some extra refreshes that occurs when the sync is done, they will be removed in time.

This discussion has been closed.