Caught in upgrade/secret key loop. 1Password 7 Version 7.1.2 (70102001) Mac App Store.

Options
AuntJane6
AuntJane6
Community Member

The Mac App Store is telling me that 1Password needs to be updated. Just after I click the Update button I get this message:
“1Password 7” cannot be open during installation. Click Continue to quit “1Password 7” and begin the update. The application will open when the update is complete."

I need to find my secret key but I can't sign in to find it because the secret key is required to sign in. Loop-de-loop!

1Password Version: 7.1.2 (70102001)
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Caught in upgrade/secret key loop. 1Password 7 Version 7.1.2 (70102001) Mac App Store. I need to find my secret key but I can't sign in to find it because the secret key is required to sign in.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AuntJane6 - I'm sorry for the trouble. Back in July, when you asked us this question, the advice was to make sure you Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Please try that again now, and let us know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.