iOS create new login no longer works

Options
scotty321
scotty321
Community Member
edited October 2018 in iOS

You guys have really messed up the 1Password share extension in iOS 12.0.1. This is the 2nd bug that we’ve discovered. If you’re at a website in Safari where you need to create a login, and you use 1Password’s share extension to create a new login for that website, the extension WILL successfully create the login in the 1Password app... BUT it won’t add the website address to the new login... it will ONLY add the username and password. So you have to manually launch the 1Password app and then MANUALLY type in the website address for the login that you just created. Please fix.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So you have to manually launch the 1Password app and then MANUALLY type in the website address for the login that you just created.

@scotty321: That's not actually true. You can add the URL right when you create the new Login, before tapping Save.

But I agree that it would be better for 1Password to fill that in automatically. We'll get that sorted. Thanks for bringing it up! If you happen to find a third bug, let us know. :)

ref: apple-2386

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scotty321: I already replied there. I just can't reply in two places at once. I'm not that dexterous. :lol:

Anyway, I believe you're right, and this is not working as intended. We'll look into it. Thank you again for reporting it! I think there aren't a lot of folks using the old extension these days. :)

• Ben
    Options

@scotty321

I'm not sure I follow. I haven't had any difficulty typing an email address into any fields I've wanted to, even with Password AutoFill enabled. Where are you seeing that happen? Would you be able to make a recording of it? Apple has instructions on recording your screen here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Interesting. I do think that's intentional, since it's generally going to be much easier to type an email address than a strong password, but it wouldn't hurt to give Apple feedback to that effect. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.