Custom icon sync no longer working

Options
pfolta
pfolta
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I use 1Password 7 on multiple Macs and Windows PCs and primarily add new items to my vaults on one of the Macs (1Password 7.2.1, macOS Mojave). I recently noticed that newly added items with custom icons (added from said Mac) no longer show the custom icon on Windows (1Password 7.2.581, Windows 10 Pro 1803). Instead, they now show the default icon (or no icon if there is no default one). The custom icon sync has definitely worked cross-platform previously (I think it was version 7.2.576) and I can still see older items on Windows displaying their custom icon, so I'm wondering whether this is a bug introduced in one of the recent updates. I have updated 1Password both on Mac and on Windows in the meantime.

Interestingly, another Mac running 1Password 7.1.2 on macOS High Sierra continues to show custom icons for newly added items, so that's why I'm suspecting this might be an issue in the Windows version of 1Password 7.

I'm using the standalone versions of 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows and vaults are synced via folder sync.

Thanks
Peter

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1803
Sync Type: Folder Sync

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi @pfolta,

Thanks for reporting this.

We haven't touched this specific area since the initial 7.0 update and I can't reproduce the issue.

However, I am able to notice a different glitch, deleting the custom icon in the macOS version doesn't seem to clear it from the Windows app. It'll keep using that icon until you give it a different icon. We'll get that fixed.

If you try editing the same item again, give it a different title and sync again, does it show that updated title in the Windows app?

• pfolta
    pfolta
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Thanks for looking into this. Indeed when I update the item title on macOS and sync again, 1Password on Windows shows the updated title and also picks up the custom icon now. I used this workaround with all the "broken" items to fix their custom icons by renaming the title and then naming it back again - thanks for suggesting this!

This behaviour makes me suspect that perhaps the custom icon is not picked up when it is added during the creation of a new item. It seems that adding an icon to an existing item is being picked up in the Windows version.

Peter

• I didn't see that but there is a reason we don't let you customize items with custom icon yet on Windows as our implementation isn't yet finished. We'll investigate this and get it finished as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.