Accessibility of Windows App

Options

Hey,

I'm a screen reader user and have experienced a accessibility issue in the current Windows and iOS App. You can use the free screen reader NVDA (nvda-project.org) to comprehend the problem.

1. How can I delete tags? I haven't found a accessible way to do this.
  2. How do you deal with accessibility in 1P, is it a QA thing?

Kind regards
schnuppi

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• Hi @schnuppi,

Thanks for writing in.

We do use NVDA as our default screen reader in addition to Windows' Narrator to test 1Password for accessibility but we may miss a few things, so we do sometime depend on our customers to report what is not working for them. We also have supported the project in the past.

How can I delete tags? I haven't found a accessible way to do this.

If you want to delete the actual tag itself, you have to right-click (or press Shift + F10) on the tag in the sidebar to select Delete. It'll say menu first but if you go up or down, it'll announce Rename and Delete.

If you're editing an item itself, you can tab down to the tag list, it'll announce the tag name and you can press the Delete key to delete that tag.

How do you deal with accessibility in 1P, is it a QA thing?

I'm not sure I understand the question, do you mean how we test it? Yes, it is a part of the QA process but not automated. We do require all developers to make sure all new code they commit includes accessibility labels but it is a part of our human code review to test it.

Unfortunately, it is not perfect as sometime there may not be a way to make something fully accessible due to the limitations in various places.

• schnuppi
    schnuppi
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @MikeT,

thank you for your explanations, it worked! It is a bit confusing that the cursor focus changes into a other form element when I am on the combo box for the tags and then press up or down. Normally you only change form elements with the tab key. Maybe thats a thing to improve.

Kind regards
    schnuppi

• Hi @schnuppi,

I agree with you, it is a bit odd. We use a dropdown box for each tag element, this allows us to offer auto-completion and you can use up or down to complete the tag name. Once you defocus the tag element, then you can use the same up/down to switch between field elements like in other fields.

This discussion has been closed.