1password iOS 9 does not find new opvault in dropbox

Options
nonsavant
nonsavant
Community Member

Upgraded my personal vault, which is synced between devices using Dropbox, to the opvault format.

Since then, 1Password on my iOS 9 devices cannot find the vault in the Dropbox.

Error listing keychains. 1Password encountered a problem

3 personal devices:
MacOS 10.13.6: 1P 6.8.9
IPad mini: iOS 9 / 1P 5.5
IPhone 4S iOS 9 / 1P 5.5

1 work device:
Work iPhone 6S: iOS 11 / 1P 7.1.1 with a business 1password.com account and my personal vault synced via Dropbox. This was also the reason I switched to the opvault format, as this version of 1P would not load the old format.

Is syncing my personal vault using iCloud a possibility for me? Particularly regarding my work iPhone with the business account... and a different iCloud account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password can't open opvault from dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nonsavant: Dropbox switched to new APIs last year and discontinued the old ones, so you'd need to be running the latest release of 1Password for iOS version 6 in order to sync with the Dropbox service today. iCloud sync should work for the Primary vault, provided you're signed into the same Apple ID for iCloud across all devices, and running iOS 8 or higher or macOS Yosemite or higher.

• nonsavant
    nonsavant
    Community Member
    Options

That doesn't correspond with my experience, as I'm pretty usre the 1P 5.5 sync with Dropbox was working up until last week, when I converted the vault format to opvault.

Regarding using iCloud, what is the exact definition of "primary vault" in the case of the work phone, where the business onepassword.com account is also configured?

• Ben
    Options

@nonsavant

I'm not sure how that would've been possible. Syncing with Dropbox requires 1Password for iOS v6.7 or newer:
    https://support.1password.com/system-requirements/
    This was not a recent change.

The Primary vault is literally the one named "Primary."

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nonsavant: Yeah, as far as I know Dropbox killed off their old APIs (which versions of 1Password prior to 6.7 use)...but now that I think about it, I suppose it's possible that this was not retroactive — meaning that if you'd setup sync on that device beforehand, it may work; you just wouldn't be able to setup a new connection using the old APIs (I definitely can't do that). Or...you've just been using iCloud all along. :)

This discussion has been closed.