Tor Network and Country Based Login Restrictions

DaBomby
DaBomby
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Families

LastPass has a feature that will allow me to restrict logins from a Tor Network that would be allowed to log into my account. Is there a similar feature to this for 1Password? If not, can we have it added?

This would be a helpful addition to keep one's account secure.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DaBomby
    DaBomby
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

LastPass has a feature that will allow me to select or restrict the countries that would be allowed to log into my account. Is there a similar feature to this for 1Password? If not, can we have it added?

This would be a helpful addition to keep one's account secure.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DaBomby: There isn't a feature like that, and frankly it would cause a lot of trouble for folks using VPNs — which are not rare in this community. ;)

You can, however, keep your account secure by not giving away your account credentials, as no one — including you — can get in without them. And you will get an email notification each time your account is signed in on a new device. Two-Factor authentication can also help add an additional layer of security to the sign in process. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DaBomby: I've merged your nearly identical posts here, so we're not causing confusion and slowing down response times for everyone — including you — by trying to carry on the same conversion in multiple places.

Restricting "by country" is not something we have plans for, as there is no such thing as geography when it comes to the internet. It's really only a best guess as far as "where" an IP address (and therefore login session) is "located", and this is often wrong and would prevent people from legitimately logging into their own accounts. Not something we want to do, especially since it would be impossible for someone to even sign into your account without your credentials, and would also be trivial — and ironic — for someone who has your credentials to simply use a VPN to get around geographical resections — as I imagine many of us do to watch Netflix or whatever. ;)

This discussion has been closed.