To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Importing data into online version from local version

Options
david.ledger
david.ledger
Community Member

I've started to use Ubuntu as well as Macs. I gather there is no 1Password app for Ubuntu that will share via Dropbox. I have a License for the Mac and now have a monthly paid one as well. How can I get my almost 500 items from the Dropbox shared version into the one I can use from Ubuntu?

David

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @david.ledger,

1Password X is what you'll want - it is a fantastic browser based 1Password app that works beautifully on Ubuntu.

To use 1Password X, you'll want to sign up for a 1Password membership, and as part of that process you'll be prompted to migrate your existing data over to your new 1Password account. We also have a step by step guide that'll walk you through the process:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Once you've signed up and migrated your data, all you need to do is sign into your account from any of your devices and all your 1Password data will stay in sync. Let us know how that goes!

• david.ledger
    david.ledger
    Community Member
    Options

Isn't this what I signed up for when I started paying monthly? If so I already have it and it has about five entries.
    It may not be, as I have to sign in to my.1password.com for it. It doesn't ask me to migrate data. Are there now three (or four) different 1Passwords?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018
    Options

@david.ledger: 1Password X is one of the apps (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, CLI) included in a 1Password.com membership, yes. Since you're on Linux, that's probably what you'll want to use day to day, but you can use one of the native apps on another device to migrate your existing data. What do you have to work with?

Actually, it looks like we've already got a conversation going with you via email. I'll close this and we can continue there to avoid confusion. :)

ref: EVE-26361-892

This discussion has been closed.