Passwords not updating on 1Password

Options

This has been going on for sometime. I need to get this resolved - quite honestly this has been going on far to long. This forum doesn't help - it takes to long to get details. I'd like to get some one on one help - please

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:not updating passwords

Comments

• dgoddard
    dgoddard
    Community Member
    Options

I have an updated password on my laptop that is not showing when I sign in to 1password. Basically it's not synching for some reason.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: windows 7
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:passwords not matching

• Hi @dgoddard,

Thanks for writing in. We do not provide real-time chat support but we will help you here or if you want to go private, you can email us as well. Note the forum will be the quickest support we provide but we are a bit slower on the weekends.

You said when you sign-in to 1Password, does that mean you are using a 1Password.com membership? If yes, you have to install 1Password 7 for Windows as 1Password 4 does not support 1Password.com memberships.

To quickly set up 1Password 7 on your PC, sign in to your 1Password.com account with your browser and then click on your account name on top right to select Get the apps. Follow the instructions there to download and then use the step 2 process to quickly fill in your account credentials, so you can then unlock with your master password in 1Password 7.

• dgoddard
    dgoddard
    Community Member
    Options

I am not sure what you're asking me to do. Sign into my 1password vs 1 password7 account. I try to sign in and nothing happens. email and masterpassword -- nothing happens. I'm get an email that says I don't have a 1password account registered. I've only used one email for the account. I've been using 1password for years. This is part of the problem, I have asked for this sort of help before and can't get any assistance -- .. The reason for saying I haven't gotten assistance is because I'm still dealing with issues from years ago

• @dgoddard: Mike was trying to determine how you're currently using 1Password. One sync problem folks can run into is they'll be using a 1Password membership on one device and a standalone vault on another. These two systems don't communicate, so items don't sync. In your case, it sounds like you're exclusively using a standalone vault, so that's nothing you need to worry about right now.

What would help is knowing a bit more about what device is giving you trouble. You mentioned the password has been updated on your laptop. What device isn't showing you that updated password? What version of 1Password are you using on that device? I know that waiting for a solution while we ask questions can be a bit frustrating, but we aren't there looking over your shoulder, so this is the best way for us to be able to better understand your problem. Making sure we have a good handle on what's giving you trouble ensures we're giving you a solution that's going to work.

• dgoddard
    dgoddard
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

When I starting using 1Password I was under the assumption that all my devices would be synched.
    1. Desktop
    2. Laptop
    3. ipad
    4. iphone

Bottomline - I'd like this to work as it should and how it used to.

Both desktop and laptop are running the same version 4.6.2.626

I can see a title on the laptop that I don't see on my PC. So when I'm looking to use the updated password on my desktop I can't find it.

Regarding the help - as it was it took 2 days to hear back regarding my previous question.. In the meantime I'm unable to use 1password the way it's intended. Yes you're not over my shoulder ---- but the way this is done is not helpful.. I don't understand the system and while you may be able to simplify it down in conversation to me, it still may not make sense, then there are more days that it takes to get the answers you may need or back and forth conversations so I can understand what you want.

Everything is not matched up == i want to be able to use 1password on my devices. The idea i thought was that 1password is about having 1 password and everything is synched so you can use it anywhere. I just don't see that working for me and it has not worked that way for years.

I may be a jerk here -- sorry for coming across this way.

I'm frustrated -- very frustrated

• @dgoddard: You're not a jerk at all. I know this stuff is frustrating and believe me there are many times I've wished I was looking over someone's shoulder, but if we had to do screenshares with everyone the line to get help would be much longer. We are particularly busy right now, which does mean we're a bit slower and I apologize for that, but I will do my best to help you sort things as quick as possible and I'll be here until we get it done. :+1:

So 1Password 4 for Windows is actually a bit simpler than others as it can only show you one vault at a time and reads directly from Dropbox. This means the best first step is to double-check your Dropbox settings. A lot of times Dropbox sync problems come down to the Dropbox app failing to start without you noticing, changing a setting you didn't realize would affect 1Password, or forgetting to sign back in to the proper Dropbox account if you have more than one.

If your Dropbox settings are all okay, make sure both devices are pointed to the same vault:

1. Open and unlock 1Password on both your laptop and desktop.
    2. On each, choose File > Reopen 1Password vault.
    3. You'll see a filepath here with a check next to it. Does everything after Dropbox match? Mine, for example, says C:\Users\Kate\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.opvault.
    4. If the desktop shows a different path from your laptop, do you see the one that matches your laptop on your desktop? If so, select that vault and unlock again – do you see that updated password now?

If both Dropbox settings and your sync path are okay, we'll want to look at some logs before trying anything else as this usually points to something more specific and harder to diagnose over the forum. As such, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from both your desktop and your laptop:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Don't post your diagnostics on the forum. This is a public forum and while the diagnostics report doesn't include any of your 1Password data or anything like that, it may contain information you'd rather not share with the whole world. Do, however, include a link to this forum post in your e-mail. That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that I get back to you quickly. Thanks! :chuffed:

• dgoddard
    dgoddard
    Community Member
    Options

So I checked the file path and everything after \Dropbox matches.. however before that it is David on my laptop and DNA on my PC>

I was able to get the file from my PC from the diagnostics report but can not get one from my laptop? When I click on email to agilebits or export to file neither works. How would I get that to work on my laptop?? It runs windows 10 Thanks

• Hi @dgoodlad,

Do you have any anti-malware solution on the laptop that's not the Windows Defender? Sometime the security or anti-malware tool can prevent the diagnostics report tool from doing its task.

Try to uninstall 1Password 4 via Control Panel > Uninstall and then download the latest 4.6.2 from here. Your 1Password data will not be affected by uninstalling it. After you install 1Password, reboot the laptop, and see if it lets you create the report now.

If not, then try rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking with this guide to see if it works.

This discussion has been closed.