How to view tags in item list (without having to click on the item)?

Options
sbits
sbits
Community Member

Hi,

Perhaps I simply overlooked it, but I would like to be able to view an item's tags without having to click on the item to view its details.

Scenario:
Let's say I have multiple example.com accounts, and I would like to enable 2FA for all of them, and give a "2FA" tag to the ones where 2FA is enabled. So I search for "example.com" in 1Password, and a list of all of my example.com accounts is shown to me. However, in this "list view" I can only see the item name and username of the accounts, not any other details, such as tags. So if I had a long list of accounts that I need to add 2FA to (I really, really do), I would have to click on each of them in order to see whether or not 2FA has already been enabled.

I'm actually going through this process right now, and I find myself clicking on the same items again and again because I often forget if I already have 2FA enabled for those items.

I know that I can make a smart folder with the domain name and the tag to filter my items, but that feels like too much trouble since this will only needs be done once for each domain.

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: iOS 7.2.1, macOS 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:tag

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sbits - thanks for the question. :) In a situation like the one you're in, you can actually shift-click or command-click to select multiple items in the list (any list, whether it's All Items, or some category, or whatever), and then drag all of the items there over onto a single tag. If the item already had the tag, it won't affect it. If it did not, the tag will be added. Hope that's helpful! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sbits - indeed! I can't guarantee we'll be adding more data to the existing view, but I'll certainly pass along your wishes to the development team. Thanks for taking the time to share them here.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sbits - you're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.