"Install Browser Extensions" menu item doesn't work

dhuman
dhuman
Community Member

Hi - I've been trying to install browser extensions in a fresh install of Mac Mojave.

In both Safari and Firefox, when I use the 1Password menu option to "install browser extensions", instead of taking me to the install extensions page that it used to, it takes me to the Agilebits software page to re-download the software...which doesn't install the extensions.

Bug? Help!

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I don't know about Firefox, but in Mojave and Safari 12 changes made by Apple have required AgileBits to make changes, and this may not have been reflected in menu options, web page, etc.

As you are also on 7.2.1, go to Preferences > Extensions, and you should see a 1Password 7.2.1 extension (same number as 1PW itself, as the extension now has to be part of the app). Make sure this is enabled, and uninstall earlier versions. You might have to quit and restart Safari to get things working, but I don't think you would need to restart the computer.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dhuman - sorry for the confusion. On our Downloads page, you should see the 1Password extension prominently featured, with downloads for most major browsers:

I said "most" because Apple has removed the ability for users to directly download and install the older, .safariextz-style extensions into Safari (which is why you don't see it in this image). However, if you're using 1Password 7 for Mac, you shouldn't need to install anything; the new Safari App Extension is built right into the app, so it's installed when you install 1Password 7 for Mac. You might need to visit Safari Preferences > Extensions and make sure it's enabled, then restart both Safari and 1Password, but that should get you where you want to be. Let us know how you get on. :)

• dhuman
    dhuman
    Community Member

Terrific and sorry for the delay responding - this should solve my problem. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No worries. Just glad to hear that Lars was able to help out. We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.