Showing Suggested Actions instead of logins

Options

This has been happening very frequently for the past couple of updates. Instead of presenting the login for the site, the plugin is showing Suggested Actions which is just to fill in my identity. If I click Logins in the popup, the site shows immediately as the only matching result.

Here's a site that I notice it on:
https://impark.myparkingworld.com/Default.aspx

1Password Version: 1Password X 1.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Acount

Comments

• Thanks for the report, @blevins321. I am seeing the exact same behaviour that you described on impark so the good news is it is consistent. 🙂

The inline menu does it's best to categorize the form to determine if it is a login or a registration form. In this case it's misidentifying the form as a registration form so your existing logins are not included in the Suggested Items.

We'll continue to work on our categorization and will try to level it up in future updates. In the meantime, however, you can switch between views by clicking the ... in the top-right corner.

I hope that helps. Take care and thanks again for the report.

++dave;

ref: b5x-630

• brucebc
    brucebc
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi Dave:

There has been no three dot menu in the suggested actions dialog for as long as I have been a member. What we need is for that dialog to show logins when we click the Logins button in that list. Instead it does nothing. I guess what it's doing is filtering my vault to the domain. But it should never do that. It should show me all my logins, so I can select the correct one, regardless of domain. Like the mobile system does.

Is it customizable?

Thanks,

Bruce

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @brucebc! That's an interesting concept. Right now, the inline menu is made for filling on the site that you currently have open. That means that relevant Logins will appear when you click the Logins option in the inline menu, but all of your Logins will not. The reason that no Logins are being listed is that you the domain you're currently visiting does not match any of the domains you have stored in your 1Password Login items.

We think there's a good reason not to include Logins that aren't matching the domain you're currently on – to protect you from potential phishing scams. 1Password will refuse to autofill a Login item on a domain that isn't approved (or stored inside the item) by you. Including all Logins in the inline menu, then having them not fill would be an even worse user experience. In order to make a Login item appear for the site you took a screenshot of, you can locate the item in 1Password, click edit, and add the website URL.

To get an overview of all of your Logins, you can also click on the 1Password icon in your toolbar to invoke the popup. Your Logins still won't fill in the current tab unless the domain matches the domain inside the item, but it gives you the ability to search through all of your items.

This discussion has been closed.