Changing passwords

Options

I love 1Password except for one thing, changing old passwords.
When going on a site to change your password why does it prompt you to update your login info in 1Password before changing it on the site?
In my opinion you should change it on the site then 1Password should prompt you to update your login.
That way you know the password was accepted.
Some sites will not accept the suggested password.

Thanks
Jeff

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jjocsak,

Thanks for reporting this.

why does it prompt you to update your login info in 1Password before changing it on the site

It should not do that. I've just tried this and 1Password only prompts to save after you submit the password change form.

Can you give me a few site examples where you see this?

Just to make sure we're testing with the same setup, can you clarify what version of 1Password, 1Password browser extension installed in your browser, and the Windows version you're using?

• jjocsak
    jjocsak
    Community Member
    Options

Here is one: https://www.acetool.com/
    After logging in then trying to change the password, as soon as you click on the "suggested password popup", the next popup appears to save the change before you confirm the changed password on the site. 1PasswordX ver. 1.11.0

Thanks
    Jeff

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jjocsak: 1Password X isn't related to 1Password for Windows (which is the category you posted in). It runs entirely in the browser, and works a bit differently as a result. It may be something we can do in the future, but currently 1Password X can only offer to save when you tell it to by filling the generated/suggested password. Sorry for the confusion there.

This discussion has been closed.