when 1password7.2.1 on Iphone opens my vault looks empty - I get worried 😟

Options
vangen
vangen
Community Member

I have now for the third time in a week opened 1password7.2.1 on my Iphone and the app ask me for masterpassword -recognize it and open an empty vault. Three times i have made a restart and after filling the master password once more it works correct.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: OS 12.0.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:opens an empty vault

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @vangen

That's really quite strange. I'm sorry for the trouble. In order to get to the bottom of this I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostic report while the problem is occurring (i.e. generate the report while the vault appears empty). Instructions for creating the report can be found here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97022
    • Your forum username: vangen

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.Β  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• vangen
    vangen
    Community Member
    Options

[#WGW-52313-435]

• vangen
    vangen
    Community Member
    Options

ok i did not make the report when the problem was occurring - i will send you a new if it occurs again. It has happened irregularly and only three times

• Ben
    Options

Okay, thanks @vangen.

Ben

• vangen
    vangen
    Community Member
    Options

Hei as expected the problem came back. When i logged in i was met with this picture
    leaving me with the choice and next time i was logged in and made a diagnostics report which i just send you.
    support ID is [#GIX-72826-365].

• Ben
    Options

@vangen

Thanks for the screenshot. That appears to be the Password AutoFill feature within iOS 12. You'll see that screen if you have no logins saved that match the URL the app / website you're using has defined (for example if you're in a Google app the URL must contain a Google URL for any logins to appear). In short it appears to be working as designed. If you launch the 1Password app itself (not the Password AutoFill feature) you should be able to view all of your information.

Thanks.

Ben

• vangen
    vangen
    Community Member
    Options

There is 2 things with this explanation . 1 ) I have bought the 1Password7 and have no 1Password.com account - the app should know that and tell me
    2) the text Create login: 1password.com should tell me Create login: 1Password7

• Ben
    Options

@vangen

The current text is correct. You're seeing that text because you're either viewing 1Password.com in Safari or you're inside the 1Password app when you activate Password AutoFill. If you were to do that on another web page or in a different app you'd see different text there. Having a 1Password.com membership or not isn't relevant to the situation. Sorry for any confusion.

Ben

• vangen
    vangen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.