To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Move from license to membership

Options
cristicooke
cristicooke
Community Member

How do I move from license to membership? So far, I have signed up for a membership account, so that part is done. I have 1password on my Mac, and on my iPhone. However - the 1Password on my Mac is current, but the one on my iPhone is not sync'd. I get pretty nervous when it comes to data migration, and things like that - especially when it has to do with passwords! - so I just want to be extra sure I'm doing this right. Also, my intention is to have a Team level account, which I assume I would upgrade to after I get my license moved over to the basic membership. Do I have that right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @cristicooke, great choice switching to a membership - you're gonna love it.

So it sounds like you're mostly set up on your Mac - you've signed into your new membership and have the new Personal vault there. The next step is to sign into your account on your iPhone: https://support.1password.com/add-account/?ios

You should then have access to the same Personal vault there. Once you've confirmed that all your data is in your Personal vault and is being synced to all your devices, you can safely delete your old, standalone "Primary" vault, as you won't be needing it anymore.

Once you're all set up, indeed you can upgrade to a team account!

This discussion has been closed.