To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Membership Problems - 2 emails to CONTACT without response

Options
nallenb
nallenb
Community Member

I have turned to this forum because I received NO response from two emails I already sent. Last Thursday (10/11/2018) my account went to "FROZEN". However, on 10/7/2018 I received an email and a charge to my card for 1 year.

I think I know what may have happened. A week or so into the trial membership I lost the master password. I had to redo everything. When I "redid" my work, could that have set me up on a new trial account?

I was hooked on the product quickly and did approve the 1 year charge....before I had to redo the account. Since then, I have my emergency kit and all the other precautions in place so I am good to go.

What do you need to do in order to "credit" me the invoice from 10/7/2018 against my active account? The invoice is in_1DISihHBax7L5HDfPwK6SryJ.

Please respond, having READ ONLY is a real drag and not getting a response from you is disheartening.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nallenb: I'm sorry for the trouble. If you've paid for a membership but are still seeing "frozen", it's likely you've actually signed up for two of them, and are using the one you aren't paying for. I'll follow up with you via email shortly so we can look into this without discussing your information publicly.

ref: NSD-13932-465

• Cire01
    Cire01
    Community Member
    Options

Hi brenty, I've a membership since years for my iPhone. And see a secret key and a QR-Code in my app. Since today: frozen account on m iPhone and 1P asks me for more money (membership...). Don't know how to defrost. Possible reason: I tried 1P on my MAC for a few weeks. Deinstalled it today. Need urgent help to defrost 1P on my phone - quick and simple. Kind regards, Eric

• @Cire01: It sounds like you actually were using a standalone vault on your iPhone previously and signed up for a 1Password membership when you tried out 1Password for Mac. Do you recall if you were previously syncing via iCloud or Dropbox on that iPhone before trying 1Password for Mac?

• Cire01
    Cire01
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate: I guess I did a Sync via iCloud...90% sure...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Cire01: If you still have your 1Password data stored in iCloud, you'll be able to access it by choosing that option when setting up 1Password for Mac or iOS. You will need to know the Master Password to decrypt it though. There's no way around that.

• Cire01
    Cire01
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate: Ah.... how to do that? Deinstalling 1P-App from iPhone?; install App again? I am really afraid to lose all my data...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cire01: I don't see where Kate said anything like that. But if it helps, if you can confirm that you have all of your data in 1Password.com by signing into the website in your browser, then it's safe to delete the app. You can then reinstall it and set it up with your account, and you'll have only the data in your account there, and all of it.

• Cire01
    Cire01
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: sorry, I used a wrong addresse - my fault. 1password.com is telling me "wrong mail or wrong secret key or wrong masterpassword. the masterpassword is working perfectly on my new xs-phone.

• Cire01
    Cire01
    Community Member
    Options

@ brenty: puh... got it - but I don't know "how"... I changed some adjustments in the app. Now I see every Login twice; the first of the two objects is frozen - but I can change the second one. So the only thing I need to do is to delete the frozen dublettes... any ideas which could work :-)?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

sorry, I used a wrong addresse - my fault. 1password.com is telling me "wrong mail or wrong secret key or wrong masterpassword. the masterpassword is working perfectly on my new xs-phone.

@Cire01: No worries, I'm glad you were able to get it sorted. 1Password.com is designed so that it doesn't leak information, since letting an attacker know that they've gotten only one credential wrong would tell them they'd got the others right and make it easier for them to guess.

puh... got it - but I don't know "how"... I changed some adjustments in the app. Now I see every Login twice; the first of the two objects is frozen - but I can change the second one. So the only thing I need to do is to delete the frozen dublettes... any ideas which could work :-)?

It sounds like you have the app setup with both your 1Password.com account, which you've copied your data to, and also the oroginal local vault still -- hence "every login twice". If you sign into 1Password.com in your web browser, do you have all of your data there in the account?

• Cire01
    Cire01
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: no... it seems that 1PASSWORD.com does not know me. Secret key plus mail plus masterpassword is Not working. And although the app is working fine, it told me I should buy an Abo.... funny...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cire01: I'm not sure we're on the same page then. If by "abo" you mean a 1Password.com membership, then yes: the only way you will have a Secret Key or Sign In Address, or an account at all, will be if you subscribed to that. Did you?

The other option would be to purchase a license for the current version and use it without an account. Otherwise you'll need to install and use the version you did pay for. If you'll let me know what you're trying to accomplish exactly and where you are in the process currently, I'm sure I can help get your sorted.

This discussion has been closed.