Pro features stopped working

Options
lloydyboy
lloydyboy
Community Member

I have a license purchased from you and for the last two years it has worked perfectly. Now on my iPad the PRO features have become disabled! Still work fine on my iMac and2 iPhones. Have tryed to get it back and now need your help.
Also I have just received a new iPad for work that I would like to put 1password on but I can't get that to work at all. I backup 1password in Dropbox.
The version on my old iPad is 7.2.1.
On the new iPad when I select iCloud it says "CloudKit access was denied by user settings" and when I click on 1Password.com it needs a secret key which I don't have.
Can you please assist?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lloydyboy

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble.

I have a license purchased from you and for the last two years it has worked perfectly. Now on my iPad the PRO features have become disabled!

Could you please elaborate about what you mean when you say they’ve become ‘disabled’? Are you getting an error message?

On the new iPad when I select iCloud it says "CloudKit access was denied by user settings" and when I click on 1Password.com it needs a secret key which I don't have.

You wouldn’t have a 1Password.com account unless you have a subscription membership through us.

1Password can sync a vault by with Dropbox or iCloud, not both. You should select the same option on all devices. Above you mentioned you’re already syncing with Dropbox?

If you do want to sync with iCloud instead of Dropbox... “CloudKit access was denied by user settings” means your device doesn’t currently meet the minimum requirements for syncing with iCloud — which is likely a settings issue. The most common cause is that you need to enable iCloud Drive in order to sync 1Password with iCloud. Please see this guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud | 1Password

I hope that helps! Please let me know a bit more about the trouble with the Pro features.

Ben

• lloydyboy
    lloydyboy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, thanks for responding. My old iPad has just reverted back to like it was before I purchased the Pro Features. Under the category tab it lists the four categories and then Pro Categories and when you click on that it invites me to purchase the Pro Features or restore purchase, which I can't do because I purchased from your site not from the app store.

• lloydyboy
    lloydyboy
    Community Member
    Options

As for the new iPad I want to continue using Dropbox. When I open 1Password the window pops up which only gives the option to use 1Password.com or iCloud! How do I tell it to use dropbox? I'm signed into dropbox on my iPad. The 1Password.agilekeychain folder is there.

• Ben
    Options

Hi Ben, thanks for responding. My old iPad has just reverted back to like it was before I purchased the Pro Features. Under the category tab it lists the four categories and then Pro Categories and when you click on that it invites me to purchase the Pro Features or restore purchase, which I can't do because I purchased from your site not from the app store.

iOS apps and in-app purchases (like the 1Password for iOS Pro features) have always been sold exclusively by Apple in the App Store. It isn’t possible for developers to sell iOS apps (or in-app purchases) directly. Doing so would be a violation of Apple’s policies, and the app would likely never make it past the review process. If it were to do so it’d be pulled as soon as Apple discovered that were happening.

If you hadn’t purchased the Pro features from Apple, I’m not sure how you would’ve had them. They’ve always been a separate purchase from any licenses sold by us. Purchases from Apple are tied to your Apple ID. In order to unlock the Pro features you must install 1Password while signed into the Apple ID that purchase was made on.

As for the new iPad I want to continue using Dropbox. When I open 1Password the window pops up which only gives the option to use 1Password.com or iCloud! How do I tell it to use dropbox? I'm signed into dropbox on my iPad. The 1Password.agilekeychain folder is there.

Scroll down. :) On iOS scroll bars don’t appear until you start scrolling, so unfortunately it isn’t always apparent scrolling is possible.

Ben

• lloydyboy
    lloydyboy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. All working now! Appreciate your prompt advice.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad Ben was able to point you in the right direction. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.